Off the Rails offers carefree cycling holidays on the Otago Central Rail Trail near Queenstown. With us as your support crew, this eco-friendly New Zealand bicycle tour is a fun and achievable adventure for the whole family.
Off the Rails offers fully-supported cycling holidays on the 150km Rail Trail from September to May each year.
We will also do custom tours over the cooler months by arrangement. Contact us for information...
All of our Premium Cycle Tours feature the following items included in the cost:
- Pick up from your accommodation at Queenstown*
- The services of a driver each day who is there to assist if required - our drivers are experts in their field and have a wealth of local knowledge
- Front suspension Avanti comfort geometry bikes that are designed for trail riding - bikes come fully equipped with front and rear panniers, cycle computer, helmet and a torch for the tunnels
- Four star Qualmark accredited 'home base' accommodation in Ranfurly - 'the Heart of the Rail Trail.'
- Personalised transport to and from the trail each day
- Continental breakfasts and home baking for morning and afternoon teas
- A friendly hostess who checks in on you each day
- Evening excursions - booking and transport to iconic Central Otago eateries each evening (including curling in Naseby)
- Complimentary stainless steel water bottle
- Rail Trail Passport
- Return transport to Queenstown
- at the conclusion of your tour
*or some other agreed location - discuss this with us...)
5 Days/4 Nights
This tour option gives you a great opportunity to extend your Central Otago holiday. It includes all of the elements of the 4 day tour with a 5th day where you set the agenda. Take a full day out from cycling the trail to enjoy the pleasures of the region.
- How does a full day wine tour of the Cromwell, Bannockburn and Alexandra regions sound?
- Maybe a 4WD safari into country that very few people even know exists is up your alley?
- 'There's still gold in them thar hills,' - you could take a day out panning and enjoy a BBQ lunch in peaceful surroundings.
- Why not play a couple of rounds of golf?
Let us know what takes your fancy.
4 Day Cycle Tour
This is our most popular tour package. It combines the benefits of a healthy, outdoor bicycle tour with evening leisure activities that add up to a truly memorable experience.
Having 4 days means a more leisurely pace with time for stops along the way and sightseeing. Having a home base at Ranfurly in our heritage accommodation means that you'll spend more time riding and enjoying the sights and less time packing and unpacking.
This tour suits all ages and abilities
3 Day Cycle Tour
This is a package that is perfect for those who have a limited time frame. It also suits riders who are bike fit and don't mind days with up to 60 km of cycling.
While tours usually begin with a pick-up in Queenstown, we will happily make special arrangements for parties of 6 or more riders.
Day Tripper Cycle Tour
This option is ideal for cyclists who are short of time but want to experience the famous Otago Central Rail Trail.
Our 1 day customised option gives you the ability to pick the parts of the trail that you would like to do.
Pick-up and drop-offs can be made in either Dunedin, Queenstown or a location along the way.
Price is subject to your pickup/drop off location and itinerary.